MONTREAL -- Speculation on Jim Popps future with the Montreal Alouettes has been put to rest, at least for now. [url=http://www.

in Allgemein 12.12.2018 08:22
von jokergreen0220 • 450 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- Speculation on Jim Popps future with the Montreal Alouettes has been put to rest, at least for now. Authentic Timothe Luwawu Jersey . The only general manager the CFL club has had since it returned to Montreal after a 10-year hiatus in 1996 signed a three-year contract extension on Thursday that runs through the 2017 season. There was concern that the 49-year-old, who was in the final year of his contract, was ready to move on. But the Elkin, N.C. native said: "I plan to be here and fulfil my contract." He did not say if his deal includes an out-clause if he is offered an NFL job. He drew interest ahead of last season from the Indianapolis Colts and rumours of a move south have arisen periodically throughout his tenure with the Alouettes. Its assumed Popp would jump at the chance, but he said hed be just as happy to stay in Montreal until he retires. "I cant foresee the future," said the married father of six children, all born in Montreal. "I have to work. "I dont know if Ill ever retire, with six kids. But I love the job, the city and the team, so if it happens that way, youll find a very happy person. I dont dwell on whether (an NFL job) will ever happen. I know Im very fortunate to have a job. Theres really only two pro football leagues and there are 41 jobs. I have one of those." Popp was GM of the defunct Baltimore Stallions for two years, winning a Grey Cup in 1995, before the team moved to Montreal. He is 233-129-1 as a CFL general manager, adding Cups with the Alouettes in 2002, 2009 and 2010. In Montreal, his teams have never missed the playoffs and never won fewer than eight games in a season. But it looked like his stay was coming to an end last winter when owner Robert Wetenhall did not let him keep the head coaching job, left him out of the decision to hire Tom Higgins as coach and did not immediately extend his contract as GM. Popp took over as head coach for the third time in his career when Dan Hawkins was fired only five games into the 2013 season. He is 14-18 in the regular season as a coach. If there was any bitterness about not being allowed to coach, Popp said he is over it. "I have no hard feelings about anything," said Popp, who is also vice-president and director of football operations. "Its business. Its (Wetenhalls) team. "He makes the decisions. It was a real roller-coaster in the off-season, especially for me personally with different things that went on, but I knew the entire time that I might not be the head coach. I also want to make it very clear that my relationship with Tom Higgins is very good." Team president Mark Weightman said Wetenhall did not attend the news conference because he was ill. Weightman hopes the move will end talk of a rift among management. "For us, there wasnt a lot of doubt that it would play out this way," he said. "I understand how perception wasnt always that clear, so to have this done early, if it silences the critics or closes the door on that conversation, great. "We can focus on the season and winning some games. Having Jim secured for many more years is a big part of ensuring the stability of our club." Popp said that talks on his contract extension lasted only a week. "There was never any doubt or worries from my end that those discussions would take place," he said. Discount 76ers Jerseys . The Giants chances of winning the division were dealt a serious blow by the three-game sweep at the hands of the lowly Padres. The Giants open a three-game series at Dodger Stadium on Monday night. San Francisco is still in good shape to clinch a wild-card berth, although it dropped into a tie with Pittsburgh in the race for the top spot. Authentic Dana Barros Jersey . -- Derek Jeter says the New York Yankees have no choice but to move forward now that Alex Rodriguez has accepted his suspension for the 2014 season. http://www.cheap76ersjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-allen-iverson-jersey . - The Oakland Athletics have finalized an agreement on a 10-year extension to play at the Coliseum through the 2024 season.JACKSONVILLE (2-11) at BALTIMORE (8-5)Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Ravens by 13 1/2RECORD VS. SPREAD — Jacksonville 4-9, Baltimore 8-5SERIES RECORD — Jaguars lead 10-7LAST MEETING — Jaguars beat Ravens 12-7, Oct. 24, 2011LAST WEEK — Jaguars lost to Texans 27-13, Ravens beat Dolphins 28-13AP PRO32 RANKING — Jaguars No. 29, Ravens No. 10JAGUARS OFFENSE — OVERALL (31), RUSH (24), PASS (28).JAGUARS Defence — OVERALL (27), RUSH (28), PASS (18).RAVENS OFFENSE — OVERALL (10), RUSH (5), PASS (15).RAVENS Defence — OVERALL (15), RUSH (4), PASS (31).STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES — Ravens OT Eugene Monroe faces former team for first time since being traded to Baltimore in October 2013. ... Ravens RB Justin Forsett spent 2013 with Jaguars, rushing six times for 31 yards. Hes got 192 carries for 1,080 yards this year. ... In 2011 meeting between teams, Ravens managed only 16 first-half yards and QB Joe Flacco threw for only 137 yards. ... Jaguars will be without RB Denard Robinson, who is lost for season with sprained right foot. He leads team with 582 yards rushing. ... Jacksonville QB Blake Bortles needs 354 yards passing to break Byron Leftwichs team record of 2,819 yards by a roookie. Stitched 76ers Jerseys Online. ... Jaguars have recovered 12 fumbles, third most in NFL. ... Jacksonville LG Zane Beadles has not missed a game in five-year career. ... Jaguars 39 sacks rank third in NFL behind Buffalo and Philadelphia. ... Flacco needs 197 yards passing to become first player in franchise history to reach 25,000. He has eight TD passes and just two INTs in past five games. ... WR Steve Smith needs 4 yards receiving to pass Steve Largent for 15th on career list. ... Rookie LB C.J. Mosley leads Ravens with 110 tackles, tied for most in AFC. ... Baltimore LB Elvis Dumervil has 16 sacks, one short of career high set with Denver in 2009. ... Forsett has 14 rushes of at least 20 yards, more than 29 NFL teams. ... Despite loss to San Diego two weeks ago, Ravens are 43-11 at home under coach John Harbaugh, who took over before 2008 season. ... Ravens have clinched seventh straight non-losing season. Worst record under Harbaugh came last year, when Baltimore went 8-8. ... Ravens to play second straight game without DT Haloti Ngata, who received four-game suspension for using amphetamine Adderall.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jokergreen0220
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 450 Themen und 450 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen