es and friends cheered and cried a little in the stands? Useless hypothetical, I suppose. His size was starting to be an issue b

in Allgemein 03.08.2018 07:47
von jokergreen0220 • 450 Beiträge

Looking to ride the momentum of their successful UFC 164 event this past Saturday, the Ultimate Fighting Championship is back at it again Wednesday with UFC Fight Night 28 from Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Donte Jackson Jersey . Keeping with the theme of UFC events in Brazil this past year, Wednesday is no different with a few solid matchups on the main card and a litter of unknown Brazilian fighters scattered throughout the rest of the event. As always, Jordan Cieciwa (#TeamJC) and I go head to head in our picks this week only this time, #TeamLynch is on a two event losing streak at the hands of the Winnipeg native. Let us know which side youre on, #TeamLynch or #TeamJC. Also feel free to leave your opinions in the comment section below. Glover Teixeira vs. Ryan Bader James Lynch - TSN.ca (@LynchOnSports) Despite this event being a lackluster card overall; this main event is about as good as it gets with hometown favorite Teixeira battling TUF 8 winner Bader. Since his UFC debut, Teixeria has been the talk of the light heavyweight division, amassing an impressive winning streak and delivering exciting finishes in the process. Heading into this bout, the Brazilian is on a 19-fight win streak (no, thats not a typo) and hopes his 20th victory will lead to a shot at the winner of Jones vs. Gustafsson at UFC 165 in Toronto later this month. Known primarily for his standup skills, the 33-year-old flashed his submission game in his last fight, forcing fellow contender James Te-Huna to tap out in less than three minutes at UFC 160. Standing in his way Wednesday evening is the former NCAA Division I Wrestler Bader. The Arizona native has had an up and down career in the 205 pound division, with notable victories over Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. But losses to Jon Jones, Tito Ortiz and most recently Lyoto Machida, have halted the 30-year olds title aspirations. On paper Teixeira is the better fighter, having better standup and far superior ground skills. Bader is the stronger wrestler, and if he can effectively use that to neutralize the 2nd degree Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, he has a chance to win this fight. Being that this fight is in his native Brazil and the likelihood of a title shot if victorious, I dont see Teixeria being flashy and trying to test his standup against the American. Instead I think the former PIT Fighter will try and get this fight to the mat and look for the submission, similar to what Jones and Ortiz were successfully did in their victories over Bader. Teixeira via second round submission Jordan Cieciwa - TSN 1290 (@FitCityJordan) Its a strange thing to see someone ride a multi-year fight streak. Since 2006 Glover Teixeira has amassed 19 wins. Thats an amazing stat. What makes it more impressive, he ends fights. Thats 17 wins by stoppage, and two by decision. Now on the other side of the cage is Ryan Bader. No disrespect to Bader, but I think he is in over his head. His wrestling is the only clear advantage he has. That said, if he cant control Glover for the full fight, hes going to lose at some point. With Glover, that could be submission or TKO. Im not sure I agree with Bader being the final test for Glover to see if he should get a shot at Jones (forgive me, the winner of Jones vs Gustafsson), but that is the way this looks to be playing out. This fight wont go too long, it will be an excellent main event. Glover will control this fight, take it to the mat and sink in a submission. Teixeira via second round submission Yushin Okami vs. Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza Lynch A pivotal matchup in the middleweight division serves as the nights co-feature, as Brazilian favorite Souza battles gritty veteran Okami. "Jacare" made an impressive UFC debut this past May, defeating TUF 11 Chris Camozzi in the first round and extended his winning streak to five straight. The Japanese fighter Okami meanwhile, is coming off an impressive victory over former Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard, in which he effectively smothered the knockout artist over three rounds with his much improved wrestling. What makes this fight interesting is that Souza is a two time ADCC Submission gold medalist and boasts 14 submission victories in just 18 fights. The Team Quest fighter meanwhile, has never been submitted throughout his 36-fight career. The last loss for the Blackhouse member came back in 201,1 as he struggled with the wrestling of Luke Rockhol and subsequently lost his Strikeforce middleweight title. Its very possible "Thunder" could implement a similar strategy and neutralize the Brazilians arsenal to win a decision. However the DREAM veteran knows whats at stake and will likely try to keep this fight on the feet, where he is superior. I see the Brazilian out striking the Judo Blackbelt over three rounds to earn a decision victory. Jacare via unanimous decision JC Im going to make this a very brief one. There is no need to go into pedigree when it comes to Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza. Just watch his last fight, or the one before that, or heck, the one before that. His last two fights have been over in under four minutes, and the third took :41 seconds. He is that good. Yushin Okami has used his Judo masterfully in the UFC. Its awesome to see him get throws and unorthodox takedowns. The same way Machida was a standout with traditional Karate, Okami is doing the same with Judo. However, his Judo doesnt end fights like Jacares striking does. It will take two rounds at least for Jacare to figure out his timing and the Judo defense. Once he does, he will score some definitive blows. Jacare is the shorter fighter and gives up some reach, so that will keep this fight interesting as Yushin is excellent at working distance. I dont think there will be enough time for Jacare to fully figure out Okami, but he will control the fight. Jacare via unanimous decision Joseph Benavidez vs. Jussier Formiga Lynch Looking to ride the winning momentum of his fellow Team Alpha Male teammates, Benavidez looks for his third straight win as he battles the Brazilian Formiga. Since the addition of new striking coach Duane Ludwig, the 29-year old displayed his much improved standup in a second round TKO of Darren Uyenoyama back in April. Because of the lack of contenders in a very thin flyweight division, should the 29-year old earn an impressive victory over the Nova Uniao fighter, he could earn a rematch with current champion Demetrious Johnson. Formiga meanwhile, earned his first UFC victory back May in a decision victory over Chris Cariaso. A telling sign in that fight was his lack of conditioning as he completely gassed out in the third round. Because of this, and his questionable chin which he displayed in a knockout loss to John Dodson, Benavidez has to be considered a clear favorite in this fight. Despite the fact that the former Shooto flyweight champion has seven submissions on his resume, the former WEC 135lb title challenger has never been submitted in his 21-fight career. This should be another showcase fight for the California native as I see him finishing off the 28-year old sometime in the second round. Benavidez via second round knockout. JC I love a good flyweight fight. Rarely do you see a huge knockout, but if you love technique, these guys bring it with lighting speed. Ive said it in the last two takedowns. Uriah Faber, and Chad Mendes both looked fantastic, and its due in large part to the striking coaching of Duane Ludwig. Benavidez will just be getting more precise with his striking, which is bad news for a guy with two loses, one by knockout. Jussier Formiga is going to have to bring his A game, and we could see something completely different from him if has spent the time since May working on his lack luster cardio. In this division there is no way a fighter can get tired. At 125lbs, the best of the best keep going and going. Thats what Benavidez will be doing. Team Alpha Male never slows down. Their training and diet are impeccable. This will be another night to show case Team Alpha Male and their new commitment to evolving as a team. Benavidez via third round TKO Francisco Trinaldo vs. Piotr Hallman Lynch Ultimate Fighter Brazil competitor Trinaldo takes on UFC newcomer Hallman in a lightweight affair. "Massaranduba" has quietly made an impressive 3-1 record inside the octagon with his only blemish coming against fellow Brazilian Gleison Tibau at UFC 153. Trinaldo is one of the bigger fighters in the lightweight division and has solid standup skills as he displayed in the Tibau fight, where he rocked the 30-year old with a left hand in the second round. On the opposite side of the octagon, the Polish fighter Hallman makes his UFC debut and is currently on a nine-fight win streak. While the 13-1 Mighty Bulls Team product will likely have an impressive outing, hell struggle with the 35-year olds standup skills and size over three rounds, on route to losing a unanimous decision. Trinaldo via unanimous decision JC Not a lot goes unnoticed at 155lbs. However, Francisco Trinaldo competed on Ultimate Fighter Brazil, than went on to win three of his four fights in the Octagon. His loss was a decision to Gleison Tibau, indicating that Trinaldo is at the top of his game to be able to get in and hang with top talent. Flip to the other corner and you have a UFC debut from Poland in Piotr Hallman. These fights are always tough to pick. First fight jitters, or a pumped up 13-1 record can make a fighter do things you arent expecting. That can mean a win, or a dramatic loss. The question in this fight is can Hallman negate the obvious advantage that Trinaldo has in striking and win this a submission. Im thinking yes, or at least get a decision based on control. Hallman via second round submission Rafael Natal vs. Tor Troeng Lynch Belo Horizonte native Natal looks to make it three straight wins as he battles "The Hammer" Troeng. Not to be confused with the tennis superstar, Natal looked impressive in his last outing earning a unanimous decision over Joao Zelferino back at UFC on FX 8. Despite a lackluster start to his UFC career, the 30-year old has won four of his last five fights. His 30-year old opponent made an impressive UFC debut back in April, submitting TUF 17 competitor Adam Cella in less than four minutes. Being a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, Natal has the clear advantage on the mat, but his glaring weakness in most of his fights has been his conditioning. The question is can Natal outlast his Swedish foe if he cant get the finish? Either way this should be Natals fight to lose and will likely use his speed and superior ground skills to earn a decision. Natal via unanimous decision JC Tor Troeng has one previous fight in the UFC, and that really never goes well when you come in to the Octagon against a seasoned Vet with something to prove. Natal has the skill to win this fight, and the ambition to do so as well. While Natal hasnt had any top notch fights yet, he is on a two fight streak. His next step up in competition will start getting him paychecks worth showing up for. Troeng will try to play the part of the spoiler. There isnt much video for us to go on, he scored a submission in the first round of his UFC debut. The question here is, can he outlast his opponent and win this in the later rounds. Natals Achilles heel seems to be his cardio. If Troeng can neutralize the attack and make Natal work for two rounds, will he be able to sink a submission on a slow and exhausted opponent? I think so. Troeng via third round submission Undercard Picks: Vinicius, Arantes, Martins, Zeferino, Jorge, VillefortJC: Vinivius, Arantes, Hernandez, Zeferino, Wisniewski, Villefort Lynch: Also be sure to tune into the "Weigh-In" on TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg every Saturday as myself and Jordan go toe to toe discussing the hottest topics in MMA. Torrey Smith Jersey . Cammalleri suffered a concussion in the Flames 2-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday. The 31-year-old forward did not travel with the team to Carolina. Daeshon Hall Panthers Jersey . -- Once again, Carlos Santana was a huge hit in Kansas City. http://www.thepanthersofficialstore.com/authentic-dj-moore-panthers-jersey/ . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said.The email dropped in my box a few weeks ago. Almost lost it in the endless stream of playoff-related info (Rangers Availability, 5:00pm, JW Marriot) and reminders from Shutterfly about my daughters upcoming soccer practices. This note was from a friend made a few years ago, in the worst possible way you can make a friend. Paul Frustaglio just wanted to let me know they were having a golf tournament on June 26th for his son Evan. "Drop by, if you can make it," he wrote. I couldnt. Would be in Philadelphia for the NHL Draft. So I sent along my regrets and said that Id at least try to get a prize sent over from TSN. "I should have remembered that was draft week," Paul wrote back. "Evan was a 96." Thats the first way every hockey parent describes his/her kid; by their abbreviated birth year. When someone asks,"What is your boy?" We know instantly what they mean. "Oh, hes a 98." There will be a slew of 96s who have their names called Friday night and Saturday in Philadelphia who will remember Evan Frustaglio. He was part of an elite group of Toronto area hockey players growing up. From minor atom on, he battled against top prospects like Sam Bennett, Robby Fabbri, and Josh Ho-Sang. He played on summer teams with Bennett, Sunny Milano and Connor McDavid, next years draft prodigy. When the Grade 8 team from Vaughns Hill Academy, a sport-focused private school north of Toronto, played its opening game in 2008, Evan scored the games first three goals. His linemate Michael Dal Colle, a likely top-five pick Friday, scored the next six. "Evan had sick hands," Dal Colle says, waiting for his luggage at the Philadelphia airport. "He wasnt big but his skill level was off the charts. Great player, great guy. So sad." Evan Frustaglio was 13 when he started to feel sick at a hockey tournament in London. His Mom, Ann-Marie brought him home after the Saturday games, thinking there was no point staying over if he wasnt likely to be better for Sunday. Dont want the flu to spread around a dressing room. And it looked like, felt like, had to be, the flu. Thats what the doctor at the walk-in clinic said Sunday. "Probably just a mild virus... give him lots of fluids." But his parents were worried, and Paul stayed up all night watching him. The next morning, Evan told his Mom he was feeling OK, so she went off to work. Paul took the day off to stay home with Evan, and catch up on sleep. He gave his son a bath, and noticed an odd rash, but couldnt reach his family doctor to ask about it. Evan went back to bed, and Paul left the room briefly. When he called Evans name just a few minutes later, there was no answer. Paul found him sprawled on the bathroom floor, limp. The rest, four years later, is still a painful blur. A panicked 9-1-1 call, the operator giving Paul instructions on how to do CPR, the medics arriving and trying to revive him. Too late. Evan died October 26, 2009, the same day they started giving H1N1 shots to the public. That virus, the one supposed to prey on the vulnerable, the elderly and the very young,, had killed a strong, healthy teenage athlete. Ian Thomas Panthers Jersey. . "It attacked his heart," Paul says. "He was... too healthy. From what they told me, the best laymans way to put it is that his heart literally beat itself to death." Evans death triggered H1N1 hysteria across Canada. Instantly, there were line-ups that queued for hours at immunization clinics. Three thousand came to Evans wake. Hockey people, mostly. Entire teams that played with and against him. Some who did neither. Hockey is like that. I met Paul there. He was remarkable, thanking me and everyone else over and over for coming. The ultimate Canadian, overly polite even when his world was crumbling around him. He proudly showed me the flowers Sidney Crosby had sent. Evan had touched people. You hold on to that to keep you going, I guessed. Doctors would thank Paul for doing interviews, for talking about Evan, for encouraging people to get immunized. That helped him a little too, he supposes. But soon the H1N1 story faded, and the Frustaglios were left to figure out how to continue their lives without their first-born. Theyre still working on it. Evans younger brother Will, a 99, was too young to grasp the loss of his best friend. Its only started to really hit him hard in the last year or two. But hes done remarkably well. He is a top student and athlete at The Hill, his brothers old school, working out everyday in the same gym as Dal Colle. Will got the size gene Evan didnt, and enters his junior draft year as a solid prospect. Any parent who has lost a child tells you the grieving never really ends. But after four years, Paul and Anne-Marie finally felt ready to celebrate Evans memory. So as you read this, The Hill Academy is holding the first Evan Frustaglio Memorial Golf Tournament at The Glen Eagle Golf Club near Bolton, Ontario. The school is naming its gym after Evan. Money raised from the tourney will be used to set up a scholarship, and the plan is to designate a different charity every year to support. Would Evan have been in Philly Friday? Would he have gotten the chance to walk up on that stage and put on some teams sweater and ballcap, while Paul and Anne-Marie and Will and aunts and uncles and friends cheered and cried a little in the stands? Useless hypothetical, I suppose. His size was starting to be an issue by the time he was a teenager, so the odds were probably against him. But with those hands, that skill, and a fearlessness to boot, who knows? A couple of growth spurts... and... maybe. No. Was right the first time. Useless hypothetical. Paul Frustaglio would prefer to celebrate the life his son had, instead of the one that might have been. And so Friday night, he will do what he does every year. "I will watch the draft for sure," he says. "Im sure it will be bittersweet and a little sad this time because it is Evans class. But these kids are great kids. Some of them I watched since they played minor novice in the North York Hockey League. Ill be incredibly happy for all of them." Click here for more information on the golf tournament. Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Jerseys NFL China Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jokergreen0220
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 450 Themen und 450 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen